We hope 2020 brings new, innovative, and creative designs for you. To help you be a successful designer, we’ve created a list of tips to help you design with MISUMI. Check them out below!
1. Need inspiration? Be sure to check out MISUMI’s inCAD Library. It is an application library that shows a variety of MISUMI components in full automation assemblies. Download the CAD model of the entire application for free as well as the Bill of Materials.
2. Save design time with Rapid Design! It is an add-on tool to SOLIDWORKS that allows you to import MISUMI component CAD models without having to download them from the website. inCAD Library assemblies and components can easily be modified and used over and over again in different concepts.
3. Be sure to check the voltage! Voltage ratings are listed on our website with each applicable component. Japanese standard voltage is 100 Volt. Some components may require a transformer, like the part below in which the Voltage rating is 100 V.
4. Keyways are a handy alteration for many applications. Here are the MISUMI standard keyway dimensions below:
5. Got threads? The majority of MISUMI metric threads are coarse. Below are the pitch dimensions for common coarse and fine threads.
6. Not all dimensions on MISUMI parts have defined tolerances. If the tolerances are not listed, they are the medium tolerance class. Below are the standard manufacturing tolerances:
7. Looking for an alternative to pneumatic cylinders? Save money and time using integrated motorized linear and rotary actuators:
8. Selecting the right material is key for any application and environment. Review the charts below for equivalent material standards!
10. Looking for a pick and place unit? We have them!
If you have any questions regarding component design or MISUMI configurable components, please reach out to my Tech Team at email@example.com. We are here to be your partner! Happy 2020!