NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. The MISUMI Art-omation Contest (“Contest”) begins on May 7, 2018 at 12:00:00 p.m. CT and ends on August 31, 2018 at 1:00:00 p.m. CT. (“Contest Period”). All Entries must be received by MISUMI USA, Inc. (“Sponsor”) between May 7, 2018 at 12:00:00 p.m. CT and August 31, 2018 at 11:59:50 p.m. CT (“Entry Period”). The Contest is intended for participation in the 50 United States and District of Columbia only. Sponsor’s time clock will be the official time clock of the Contest.
1. Eligibility. The Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of Entry. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, dealerships, and those associated with the development, distribution, implementation or administration of the Contest (the “Contest Entities”) and their immediate families (including parents, in-laws, siblings, children, spouse or partner, regardless of residence) and members of the same household, are not eligible to enter or participate in the Contest. Eligible hobbyists, designers, engineers, and artists are all encouraged to enter, but these specialties are not an eligibility requirement. Entrants must be individuals (no teams, partnerships, or collaborations). Entrants may not have corporate sponsors.
2. How To Enter. Eligible participants must create and submit an entry that complies with all requirements and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. Each entry must include a brief written description (“Entry Description”); bill of materials (“BOM”); and 3D graphic file (“3D Model”) (collectively, “Entry”). All Entry submissions must be sent via email during the Entry Period to email@example.com, include the following subject line: “Art-omation Submission,” and have the Entry Description, BOM, and 3D Model attached. Sponsor must receive Entries by the close of the Entry Period. Noncompliant Entries will be disqualified. Sponsor will attempt to construct the winning Entry for display at Sponsor’s booth at the 2018 International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago, Illinois, subject to verification of entrant eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Entrants should not build or submit physical specimens or prototypes of their Entry in connection with the Contest. Limit one (1) entry per person and per email address. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries using multiple email addresses or other methods may result in disqualification. Submitting an Entry constitutes entrants’ full and unconditional agreement with these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and judges’ decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
3. Entry Submission Requirements.
a. Entry submission attachments must not exceed 20MB in total. Files may be sent in a .zip file to fit this requirement. Entry submissions must be attached directly to the email. Any Entries submitted via link(s) to download the submissions (including Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.) may be disqualified.
b. Entry Description must be a single paragraph (no more than five sentences) describing the Entry design and its inspiration, as well as any unique engineering methods. Entry Description file must have a .doc,.docx, or .pdf file extension.
c. The BOM must be submitted in spreadsheet format and reflect all parts required to build Entry. BOM file must have .xls or .xlsx file extension. BOM must include at least 90% MISUMI components and be formatted in a manner consistent with the example below. The total cost for all parts on the BOM must not exceed $6,000 (six thousand USD) (“BOM Total Price”). BOM may include up to eight (8) MISUMI LX Actuators (Part number: LX2605C-MX-B1-T2642-350) that may be excluded from the BOM Total Price. These LX Actuators may be listed on the BOM with a $0 “Price Each”. Any additional LX Actuators must be added to the BOM as an additional row with their actual price included. BOM file name must include only your first and last name and original Entry title (e.g. JaneDoe-EntryDesignTitle.xls). BOM “Title” should be your original Entry title.
BOM FORMAT EXAMPLE
d. The 3D Model must be a 3D-graphic file for CAD with .stp or .step file extension. File name must include only your first and last name and original Entry title (e.g. JaneDoe-EntryDesignTitle.stp). The build envelope dimensions for the 3D model must be 5ft (1.5m) (L) x 1ft (0.3m) (W) x 2ft (0.6m) (H). TIP: CAD files for MISUMI’s components are available on MISUMI USA’s website with a free registered account.
e. All Entries must be designed to be powered by an electric motor that does not require manual/hand-cranked power or pneumatics. Entry must be designed for minimal human intervention and must not depend on human interaction to run continuously for at least six consecutive days. Optional additional human interaction components (“interactive art”) are acceptable.
f. All Entries must be designed to be self-supported. Constructed Entry design may sit on a table-top or be mounted to the wall but must not require additional supports or attachments.
4. Entry Content Conditions. Except for materials in the public domain, each Entry must be original, created solely by you, and must not infringe the rights of any third party. Entry must not have been submitted in any other contest or competition. Entries must be consistent with the Sponsor’s corporate image and reputation and may not depict or suggest any content that is inappropriate, irresponsible, illegal, dangerous (to the entrant or to others), or offensive, nor defame or invade the privacy or publicity rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property rights or any other third party rights. Entry may not include images of or references to branded products, trademarks, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, sculptures, or logos, other than trademarks or logos owned by Sponsor. Entry may not use or depict the identifiable image or visual likeness, name, and/or their voice of any individual other than entrant. Sponsor reserves the right to make final and binding determinations regarding compliance with these conditions in its sole discretion.
5. Intellectual Property License. By submitting Entry, Entrant grants Sponsor, and each of its successors, assigns and licensees (“Sponsor Entities”), an irrevocable, exclusive, perpetual, world-wide, royalty-free right and license (and waives all moral rights in and to the Entry) to exploit, edit, modify, and distribute the Entry, and all elements of such Entry, in any and all media now known or not currently known, throughout the world in perpetuity without compensation, permission or notification to entrant or any third party. Entrants agree that during the Contest Period, they shall not, without Sponsor’s express written consent, make or permit any public use, display or distribution of the Entry, and they shall maintain all rights without encumbrances so that, if Sponsor desires, entrant will assign all rights in and to Entry if selected as a winner. Entrant grants Sponsor Entities the right to make unlimited derivative works of Entries, to assign or transfer any or all of Sponsor Entities’ granted rights and to grant unlimited, multiple-level sublicenses. Without limiting the forgoing, Sponsor Entities will have the right to use the Entry (or any of part of the Entry) in any merchandising, advertising, marketing, promotion or for any other commercial or non-commercial purpose. Entrants hereby forever waive and relinquish all moral rights (“droit moral”) now or hereafter recognized in connection with Entry. Entrant acknowledges that as a condition of participating in the Contest and/or being selected as a winner, Sponsor may request that the entrant’s Entry, and any rights therein, be assigned to Sponsor Entities and entrants may be required to confirm such assignment by completing and submitting the prize acceptance documents identified below (and any other documents reasonably required by Sponsor). Failure to comply may result in disqualification. Entrants must maintain the ability to assign all such rights to Sponsor free of any limitations, restrictions or third party obligations. Entrant agrees that Sponsor will have the sole discretion in determining the extent and manner of use of Entries and is not obligated to use any Entry. Sponsor reserves the right to request that entrant provide proof that entrant maintains all necessary rights in their Entry to grant Sponsor the rights required herein in a form acceptable to Sponsor. Failure to provide such proof may subject entrant to disqualification.
Each entrant acknowledges that Entries are not being submitted in confidence or in trust to Sponsor and that no confidential or fiduciary relationship is intended or created. Each entrant acknowledges that third parties may have created ideas and concepts contained in other Entries that may be similar to entrant’s Entry, and that Entrant is not entitled to any compensation from Contest Entities. Nothing herein creates an implied or express contract to compensate entrants for their Entries and there is no obligation for any Contest Entity to pay or otherwise compensate entrants.
6. Publicity Release: Entrant, by participating in the Contest, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor and its designees to use his/her name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval.
7. Judging Criteria And Scoring. On or about September 5, 2018 all eligible entries, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be judged by a panel of judges selected from among Sponsor’s engineers and Marketing Team (“Judges”). The Judges will determine one (1) potential Contest winner based on the following criteria:
ii. Creative use of Sponsor components
iii. Artistic appeal
iv. Reflection of “Art-omation—art in motion” theme
Judges shall award each judged Entry up to 20 points for each criterion for a maximum number of 100 points. The Entry with the highest point total shall be deemed the potential winner, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. In the event of a tie, all tied entries shall be re-judged on criterion iv—Reflection of “Art-omation—art in motion” theme for a total of 20 points, and the tied Entry with the highest re-judged criterion (iv) score shall be the potential winner. If a tie remains, the tie shall be broken by comparing the remaining tied entries’ original point totals for criterion ii—Creative use of Sponsor components, with the highest point total being the potential winner. This process shall be repeated using original scores for criteria iii, i, and v in that order, until the tie is broken.
7. Prize (1). The winning entrant shall receive (1) one set of Bose QC Headphones. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $349; (2) one Samsung Gear VR with controller. Gear VR device is compatible with Samsung Galaxy S9, S9+, Note8, S8, S8+, S7, S7 edge, Note5, S6 edge+, S6, S6 edge, A8, or A8+ smartphone, and requires Oculus app download and account. Smartphone not included, winner responsible for app download and account creation. ARV: $129; and (3) one VIP pass to the International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago, Illinois from September 10 – 15, 2018 where sponsor will display winning Entry at Booth #134757 constructed at Sponsor’s sole cost and expense. ARV: $60. Total ARV of all Contest is $538. Prize details and availability are subject to change, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Under no circumstances will Sponsor award more prizes than are listed in these Official Rules. Prizes are non-transferable, and no cash redemption or substitution will be allowed, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. ARV may vary based on certain factors, but, if actual value is less than stated ARV, the difference in prize value will not be awarded. Prize is awarded “AS IS” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Prize winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with use or enjoyment of the prize, regardless of whether they, in whole or in part, are used. The ARV of the prizes is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The winner may be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number for tax reporting purposes before the prizes will be awarded. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of winners. Prizes can be claimed at Sponsor’s booth at the International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago, Illinois from September 10 – 15, 2018 (“IMTS 2018”). Unclaimed prizes will be shipped to the winner’s address provided in the Affidavit of Eligibility. Sponsor is not responsible for loss, delay, or damage in shipping. If shipped prize is returned to Sponsor, it will be considered unclaimed. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited. If the International Manufacturing Show is cancelled for any reason, no compensation will be paid to winner in lieu of the VIP pass. The event pass is subject to all applicable terms and conditions
8. Prize Claim. The Sponsor will attempt to contact the potential winner via the e-mail address used to submit the design on Friday, June 15, 2018. Please be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe list to avoid any chance of the contact email going to your “Spam” or “Junk” folders. A potential winner will be disqualified, and an alternate winner may be selected if (1) potential winner does not respond to email notification within 72 hours; (2) potential winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements; (3) winner does not comply with these Official Rules; or (4) the prize notification is returned as undeliverable. Potential winner must respond to Sponsor via email within 72 hours and promptly and accurately complete and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, Advertising and Publicity Release (TN residents excluded) and any other forms provided by Sponsor in accordance with Sponsor instructions. Verified winners in attendance may claim their prize at Sponsor’s booth during normal IMTS 2018 hours. Verified winners not in attendance at IMTS 2018 may make arrangements with Sponsor (prior to the close of IMTS 2018) to have the prize sent to verified winner within the 50 United States and Washington, D.C.
9. General Conditions: By entering, entrants assume all liability for any injury or damages, whether to persons or property, caused or claimed to be caused by his or her participation in this Contest and/or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize, and further release and agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and the Contest Entities and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, prize suppliers, advertising and promotions agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any such costs, damages, expenses, claims, suits, actions, causes of action or liability of any kind arising out of or related to: (a) entrants’ participation in the Contest; (b) any acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize (including, without limitation, losses, damages or injuries to entrant’s or any other person’s equipment or other property, or to their persons, including those arising from any travel to/from any prize event or activity); (c) the Released Parties’ violation of rights of publicity or privacy, claims of defamation or portrayal in a false light or based on any claim of infringement of intellectual property; and (d) any typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering, selection, operation or announcement of any Contest activity and/or prize. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants’ or to any other persons’ computer or electronic device, relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, garbled, incomplete, delayed, misdirected, inaccurate, or undelivered Entries; or for technical, hardware, software, or network malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest; or for any other computer, network, technical, printing, typographical, human or other error, problem or malfunction relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors, problems, or malfunctions which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of Entries, the judging process, the announcement of the prizes, or in any Contest-related materials. If, in Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest (or any portion thereof), Sponsor reserves the right to void suspect Entries and/or terminate the Contest (or any portion thereof). If Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Contest by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war, interference with the Contest by any party, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest. If the Contest is terminated for any of the reasons set forth above, Sponsor will select the winners by judging all eligible and non-suspect Entries received as of the date of termination using the judging procedure outlined above, provided any of the reasons set forth above do not prevent Sponsor from doing so. Sponsor additionally reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be or suspected of: (i) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (ii) acting in violation of these Official Rules; or (iii) acting in an un-sportsmanlike manner. If a dispute arises regarding compliance with these Official Rules, Sponsor may consider, in its sole discretion, data reasonably available to Sponsor through information technology systems in Sponsor’s control, but Sponsor will not be obligated to consider any data or other information collected from any other source.
10. Governing Law/Limitation of Liability: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST WILL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS, USA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS.
11. Disputes. By submitting an Entry, entrant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Cook County, Illinois and entrant agrees to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such court. Entrant shall not be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees.
12. Winner’s List. For the name of the prize winner, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: MISUMI USA, Inc. c/o Carlicia Layosa, 1717 Penny Lane, #200, Schaumburg, IL 60173. Winners Lists will be sent when the Contest Period is over and any properly claimed prize has been awarded. Requests for Winners Lists must be received by October 1, 2018.
13. Sponsor: MISUMI USA, Inc., 1717 Penny Lane, #200, Schaumburg, IL 60173.